The language assistant program is open to all candidates who:
- come from one of the partner countries (bilateral agreements or international obligations)
- are native speakers of the language to be taught in France (Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish)
- have completed their secondary education and are enrolled in higher education in the country from which they are applying
- are aged between 20 and 30 years (35 years for certain countries)
The age range agreed between the partner countries is in line with the programme's general objectives and the assistant's specific profile.
- are enrolled in and attending a university at the time of application
- have successfully completed studies equivalent to the 2nd year (L2) of the French Licence (bachelor's degree) either at the time of application or on arrival in France (depending on country).
- possess a good knowledge of the French language (B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
We would ask candidates to check the specific rules applicable to their country of origin as variations exist.
Candidates from outside the European Union must be in possession of a passport which is valid until December 2021.