What documents do I need to send in order to obtain a comparability statement recognising my foreign qualification in France?
French law do not recognize the term "equivalence". You can obtain a comparability statement for a foreign degree. This is a document evaluating the relevant qualification in comparison with the French system and which can be submitted to an employer, an administration organising an admission competition or a training institution in order to assist you in your application procedures.
A list of the documents you need to send when applying for recognition of your study level is available.
Where do I send my application for recognition?
You should send your application to us at the following address:
Département de reconnaissance des diplômes - Centre ENIC-NARIC France
1 avenue Léon-Journault
92318 Sèvres cedex
Contacting the ENIC-NARIC France centre
You can contact us:
by telephone, on: +33 (0)1 70 19 30 31
by email, at the email address of the department
The ENIC-NARIC France centre is not open to the general public.
1. All complete applications are upon arrival registered and a receipt is sent confirming your personal reference number.
2. An ENIC-NARIC France expert examines your dossier, carries out the necessary research and drafts the comparability statement. (It may be that complimentary documentation is requested, such as a colour copy of your diploma or the original)
3. Once the comparability statement has been approved, the CIEP's financial department will send a bill indicating the different methods of payment.
4. On receiving payment, your comparability statement will be sent.
What is the delay in obtaining a comparability statement?
Deadlines are no less than one month.
Generally, it takes between three or four months.
ENIC-NARIC France experts conduct specific research for each file submitted. While doing so, they may consult specialised sources, competent foreign authorities or possibly the administrative authorities of the country of origin and other ENIC-NARIC centres. For certain diplomas, we need to contact the administrative authorities of the country. The deadlines are often longer.
There is a service "express" (48 hours/EUR 200).
The service "express" is not available during the months of July and August.
This service is not automatic and is accessible when certain conditions have been met:
+33 (0)1 45 07 63.18/+33 (0)1 45 07 63 11
Can my application for a comparability statement be rejected?
ENIC-NARIC France is unable to deliver a comparability statement for foreign qualifications in the following cases:
1. The diploma is not recognised by the competent authorities in the country of origin,
2. The document provided is a linguistic competency test,
3. The diploma is awarded after less than one academic semester's training/study,
4. The research carried out by the ENIC-NARIC expert has been unsuccessful.