At the request of the Association of Foreign Language Teachers in Iceland (STÍL), the Centre international d'études pédagogiques organized a workshop in June 2016 on the assessment of reading and listening skills.
Teachers of Danish, French, German and Spanish attended this workshop, held at the Continuing education department at the University of Iceland. This was a follow up to another session on the assessment of writing the year before.
In the latest workshop, participants were invited to:
- Define what needs to be tested in reading and listening;
- analyze reading and listening tasks and draw up guidelines for developing them;
- compare different question formats (advantages and drawbacks);
- draft specifications according to the levels of the CEFR and design reading and listening tasks;
- write reading and listening tasks in different languages.
Discussions centered on the analysis and the comparison of examinations in Danish, English, French, German and Spanish, in line with international quality standards.